Please note: You must contact your local proctor in advance (using the form at the bottom of this page) to reserve your seat at a testing session.
The Mensa Supervised Entrance Examination:
For candidates without prior evidence of their eligibility we offer a supervised qualifying test for a fee of $90 (or $70 for students providing a valid student ID from an accredited high school, university or college). Group testing sessions are held regularly in cities across Canada. Individuals achieving a qualifying score on the admission test will be invited to join Mensa. Tests can be given to anyone aged 14 or older.
Please note that Mensa Canada provides a letter to candidates indicating only whether or not the test results qualify the person for membership – an IQ result is not provided to candidates. If you would like to receive this type of specific information, then you would need to pursue testing through another means, such as a licensed psychologist.
Test fees should be prepaid online, but can be paid by cheque or money order by contacting the national office. Test fees are valid for sessions held within 1 year of purchase date, and proof of payment must be presented to the test proctor at time of testing.
Testing schedules for the following cities are posted online:
Testing can be arranged in many other communities, including:
- Alberta: Calgary, Edmonton
- British Columbia: Burnaby, Campbell River, Grand Forks, Kamloops, Vancouver, North Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Vernon, Victoria, New Westminster
- Manitoba: Winnipeg
- New Brunswick: Fredericton
- Newfoundland and Labrador: St. John’s
- Nova Scotia: Dartmouth, Halifax, Northeastern Nova Scotia
- Ontario: Grey-Bruce, Grimsby, Hamilton, Kingston, Kichener, London, Ottawa, Thunder Bay, Toronto, Waterloo, Windsor, Windsor-Belle River, North Glengarry
- Québec: Drummondville, Gatineau (see Ottawa), Montréal, Québec City
- Saskatchewan: Saskatoon, Regina, Weyburn