Interested in helping at the AG? Reach out to the committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hospitality Suite Crew
Do you have the gift of gab, love meeting new people, and have a knack for making people feel at ease? The virtual hospitality suite needs hosts to facilitate attendees while they hang out between sessions, mingle, or grab a breakout room for small group conversations with new friends. The hospitality crew also answers event or scheduling questions, and may help visitors with simple tech issues, such as explaining how to join a breakout room. No tech wizardry skills necessary, tough questions can always be escalated to the AG committee, who you will be able to reach at any time. The important part is having a warm and welcoming person in the hospitality suite to make sure everyone is ok and having a great AG.
The coordinator of the Games channel (aka “Games Master”) is looking for people to host games at scheduled times throughout the weekend. This would involve:
- Game will be on the schedule for 1 to 2 hours, depending on how long you think you need.
- Some games will have some pre-requisite, e.g. an online account for the game. This should be mentioned in the schedule, but the host should check to make sure everyone has what they need.
- At the start time, host will obtain Zoom access to create breakout rooms.
- Host would greet people as they arrive, and try to get an idea of how many breakout rooms will be required.
- We don’t know whether we’re expecting 50 people or 500 at this point, so we have to be flexible.
- Initial discussion might involve some description of the game, determination of skill level of various players, and splitting people into breakout rooms.
- Host can join a game in one of the breakout rooms, or flip between games, whatever makes sense.
- The host should also monitor the time and try to get everyone wrapped up before the next scheduled game.
- If a game isn’t close to being done, move the particpants to a breakout room to continue play.
There are different types of games that can be played using the Zoom platform.
- Games that are played totally on Zoom without any outside link. An example of this would be a scavenger hunt, see https://teambuilding.com/blog/virtual-scavenger-hunt
- Some games just require that the host give everyone a link via the Zoom chatbox.
- Some games require that players each have their own free account, then everyone logs in and the host invites them all to play. E.g. Board Game Arena, Dominion
- Some require that the host has the game installed on their own computer, and they use the Zoom screen share to allow others to participate. E.g. Steam games like Pandemic and Agricola and the Jackbox games like Quiplash and Trivia Murder Party
Games that we have or might be looking for include:
- Among Us
- Cards Against Humanity
- Gong Show
- Joking Hazard
- Hearts card game / double deck cancellation hearts
- Quizzes on Kahoots
- scavenger hunt
- Something from Board Game Arena
- Trivia Murder Party