Annual Video Contest
Mensa Canada will launch an annual contest for best short video depicting “The Mensa Experience” in time for Mensa Canada’s 50th anniversary in 2017.
Individual Mensans, groups of Mensans or even entire Local or National Groups are encouraged to submit videos up to 10 minutes in length. “The Mensa Experience” is open to interpretation and entries are acceptable in documentary, fictional, animated, musical or satirical format.
Submissions must be received by May 31, 2017.
Videos will be aired at the 2017 Mensa Canada Annual Gathering (AG) in Ottawa and prizes will be awarded in various categories at the Mensa Canada Academy Awards. An “Albert” will be the Mensa version of an Oscar, named after Albert Einstein of course!
Channel that creative spirit in your fellow Mensans. Recruit and work with the aspiring scriptwriters, videographers, directors, editors, musicians and actors among our ranks. Feel you have no talent in this area? We are not looking for perfection but entertainment. We welcome all entries.
Mensa Canada Video Contest Rules
- Mensa Canada members in good standing (paid up) at May 31, 2017, as well as international Mensans, are welcome to enter the contest, including those with professional training related to video production.
- There is no entry fee.
- Videos must be original and produced and launched no more than 12 months prior to May 31, 2017.
- Videos should be no longer than 10 minutes in length.
- All video entries may be screened at the 2017 Mensa Canada AG and may appear on the Mensa Canada website and social media sites. The winners’ names may be published nationally and internationally.
- Videos will be accepted in either French or English.
- Entries will be judged on originality, creativity and artistic quality as well as audience reaction. Decision of the panel of judges is final.
- Works containing profanity, vulgarity or offensive material will be disqualified. The judge panel will determine if these conditions apply.
- “Albert” trophies will be awarded to the Best French and the Best English video. Other prize categories may be created based on the videos received.
- Submission deadline is May 31, 2017. Submissions must be submitted electronically via online links to email@example.com
- Mensa Canada reserves the right to use the video entries (or parts thereof) in its marketing materials.