Mensa, the high IQ society, welcomes people from every walk of life with IQs in the top 2 percent of the population. The organization's purposes are to identify and foster human intelligence for the benefit of humanity, to encourage research in the nature, characteristics and uses of intelligence, and to promote stimulating intellectual and social opportunities for its members. It provides a forum for intellectual exchange among its members, who enjoy each other's company while participating in a wide range of social and cultural activities.
Mensa was founded in England in 1946 by Roland Berrill, a barrister, and Dr. Lance Ware, a scientist and lawyer. They decided to form a society for bright people, the only qualification for membership being a high IQ. The original aims were to create a society that is non-political and free from racial or religious distinctions. Mensa Canada was created in Montreal, Quebec in 1967.
Today, Mensa has approximately 115,000 members in 100 countries and recognized national groups in over 40.
To join, individuals must provide evidence of qualifying IQ test scores. Mensa Canada provides proctored testing in many locations across Canada. Results from certain other standardized tests may also be accepted.
- February 9th, 2016 - The Mensa International Photographer of the year could be YOU! Let your imagination run wild.
- February 1, 2016 – Members are invited to join the fun at Southeast Michigan Mensa's RG, April 15-17, 2016.
- January 13, 2016 – The 2016 Leadership Exchange Ambassador Program (LEAP) will be accepting applications beginning January 15 and ending March 15, 2016.
- January 11, 2016 – Mensa.org - after reviewing many of our events, upcoming tests and gatherings in 2016, it's recommended to everyone that their international mensa.org username is properly setup/registered. Registration is easy for Canadian members, set up your account here.
- January 11, 2016 – HIQORA and their World Championship highIQ test for the world's brightest, gifted minds, invites you to take part for free! Find your free entry code in our January MC2 under "Board Shorts", good luck!
- January 11, 2016 – Happy New Year, Mensa Canada! Our upcoming events page was updated, why not leap over and take a look?
- December 31, 2015 – Southwestern Ontario chapter will be holding a test session on January 16, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. in Hamilton. For more information, contact the Southwestern Ontario proctor via Take the Test!
- December 18, 2015 – Hello Calgary! We have your upcoming test dates for 2016. Feb 6th, May 14th, Oct 1st and Nov 19th.
- December 9, 2015 – Mensa Canada members! A new Marketing Committee is being formed. Have ideas? Want to join? Please login, then check this members-only page.
- December 5, 2015 – Early registration will be opening shortly for the Mensa Canada Annual Gathering, 2016. You can support us by registering early when available. Hope to see you there!
- November 25, 2015 – Back by popular demand: the holiday special offer! Join by submitting your prior evidence of testing, and save the $25 admin fee.
- November 20, 2015 – The results for the Mensa World Photo Cup 2015 are in, click here to see the top ten. Congratulations Ingunn Omholt from Canada on making the top 5!
- November 17, 2015 – We are pleased to announce the winners of the Mensa Canada 2015 Photo Competition!
- September 22, 2015 – Mensa Australia invites members aged 18 to 39 to join them for the 2015 MAP Camp (Mensans at Play) November 29 to December 6.
- September 6, 2015 – Members interested in starting a Special Interest Group can now download the new organization & operations guide from the Documents page.
- August 26, 2015 – The survey results are in! Logged-in members can download the full report outlining the results of the 2015 Member Survey. There are some exciting findings to be read, and follow-up is underway.
- June 24, 2015 – News from Mensa France! The largest French gathering (275 participants in 2014), is opened for the first time to francophones worldwide. You are invited to this popular national event from July 25th to August 1st. Participate in activities ranging from lectures, rallies, kids' activities to sporting and musical shows. It's a French-speaking event. More details via this PDF.
- June 04, 2015 – The 2015 survey is underway! Current members are asked to check their email for an invitation to make their voices heard. If you haven't received an invitation or are having difficulty, please contact email@example.com.
- June 03, 2015 – Congratulations to Katherine Vrantsidis, recipient of a 2015 Mensa International Scholarship!
- June 02, 2015 – The deadline is fast approaching for submissions to the annual literary contest. Entries must be received by July 1st.
- February 26, 2015 – Welcome aboard to our new president, Calgary's Vicki Herd!
- January 24, 2015 – Calling all photographers! The 2015 photo competition is accepting entries until July 31st.
Are you Mensa material?
Are you wondering if you've got what it takes to join Mensa? Check out fun apps like the Mensa Brain Test and Mensa Academy for mind-stretching fun! Read about how to join, and when you're ready, arrange to take the test in a community near you.
Membership has its perks!
We are pleased to announce an offer from CAA available exclusively to Mensa Canada members - CAA Plus Associate coverage is available at the discounted rate of $70 for any Mensa Canada members joining CAA for the first time. New CAA Plus Primary memberships will be reduced to $99 for Mensa members. Along with emergency roadside assistance, all CAA members also save money on hotels, motels, retail outlets, travel packages and vacation destinations!
In our effort to be more efficient, economical and green, we are offering a rebate of $10.00 per year for those of you who choose to receive MC2 electronically. Just check off the "MC2 in electronic form only" box at the bottom of the online renewal form. If you're using a paper form to renew, please contact the office.